Monday, August 2, 2010

I wonder & then wander...

I wonder about the things that cause me to wander. I started blogging because I thought I had things to say. Now that I've begun, I often think of something I want to write, but then when I sit myself down to write, I struggle. Yah, I know; even "real authors" deal with writer's block, but I'm not sure that's what this is.

There may be various factors such as lack of focus. I have many ideas, but how do I pick one? Then I face my long-standing lack of discipline and follow-through.

There's also a bit of fear and insecurity - namely fear of what people will think. I've discovered that I'm not very confident that my topics will be of interest to readers. I fear that it will seem silly, disjointed, whatever. I think that I would like to write thought-provoking posts to stimulate discussion - but is my skin tough enough to handle any barbed reactions that may come my way? Perhaps the insecurity also surfaces as concern that I will come across as some arrogant self-proclaimed expert, but not be able to back up that assertion. And one of my biggest fears is that I will be offensive in the things I say - because I DO feel rather strongly about some of these topics.

But hey, if it's MY blog, maybe I AM the expert. At least I'm the owner, the manager, the administrator, so I am in charge of what is said there. It's time to set the fears aside and get down to business. I believe that I have something to say, and I am capable of doing so graciously. If people don't like what I write, they don't have to read it. Duh.

So my blog may seem silly or boring to some. I may not say things well and I might not even know what I'm talking about. After all, part of the purpose of my blog is to process my thoughts on any given topic. Others may not agree with me, but I can listen and maybe even learn from their comments.

Yah, I talk big.
Now let's see if I really follow through...

No comments:

Post a Comment