"My whole life flashed before my eyes."
Evidently that's what happens to some people who experience a close call, a brush with death, a near-disaster of some sort. I am happy to report that I have received a gift - the opportunity for my life to march (much more slowly than a flash) before my eyes so that I have time to... Time to do what? Maybe time to enjoy it. Yes, that, but also time to grieve some things.
But I should explain how this came about. I am participating in NaNoWriMo during the month of November. (Google it if you're curious.) That means I'm writing a book. An autobiographical novel. I don't know how it will go or what shape it will become - nor whether I'll ever let anyone read a word of it. But what I do know is that I'm having fun and that this experience feels like a gift - the opportunity to process the memories of my life in a somewhat leisurely way. Feels like a good thing to do - healthy even - to stroll through my memories and pick out this one or that to see if I want to do any celebrating or grieving or learning or letting go.
I'm really glad for the opportunity - thankful for the gift.
Thanks, NanoWriMo.
Nano, nano
No comments:
Post a Comment