Thursday, March 31, 2011

Priorities & pacing

I haven't been blogging much lately - obviously. I could feel quite guilty about that if I let myself. I actually haven't been doing much writing at all - not nearly as much as I say that I want to - nor much reading either for that matter. I keep thinking that I really want to do more writing & more reading, so then I ask myself why I don't. Well, this time around, in this particular season of my life, I suddenly find myself in a situation that is both unusual for me and unfamiliar to me - not to mention scary & difficult. I am walking a path where I have never been before. It is demanding most of my time and pretty much every drop of mental & emotional energy that I can find. So I am giving myself permission to not do everything, to set aside things that are not totally necessary.

I think my priority should be to survive this transition - or better yet, to thrive in it. To grieve the losses and to celebrate the blessings, to savor the moments. I think that means that I need to pace myself & I am trying to do just that. It also means making wise decisions as to which priorities get my best attention.

Once this path turns the next big corner, there will likely be lots of time to get back to writing & reading & other currently neglected pursuits.

To everything there is a season.
I choose to walk through this one the best way I know how.

No comments:

Post a Comment