Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering...

We remember.
We are all remembering - in our own ways.
We talk about it; we listen.
We remember.

We grieve.
We mourn all kinds of losses.
We pay tribute to those who lost their lives
We pray for those who miss them.
We remember.

We say that we will never forget.
I wonder what that means.
We remember online and at the supermarket.
We can read unlimited commentary about how 9/11 changed us.
We hear discussions about what we've done right.
We bump into arguments about what went wrong.
We remember.

We remind ourselves that life is short.
We try to be more present in the moment.
We prioritize our treasures.
We refuse to take things for granted.
We choose to cherish relationships.
We remember.

But is there something more that we can do?
Something I can do?
Can I make the world a better place?
Can I be an ambassador of peace and goodwill?
Will I remember?

Were there lessons to be learned?
Ten years later, are there more lessons to be learned?
Will I apply them?
What difference will it make?
Will I remember?

With the perspective of hindsight, how will I now remember?
How have I allowed it to change me?
How will I then live?
Will I remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment