It is raining!!!
Since we arrived here almost a month ago I have been so sad about the bone-dry conditions everywhere around - well, except for where hard-earned dollars pay for precious water to irrigate the fruit groves. I just keep hoping for rain. Today seemed like the first good chance of it. When I was out walking this morning, I met an older gentleman on his walk. We did the usual greetings about the beautiful day and that it looked like it might rain and how we hoped for that.
Sure enough; it is raining. I mean, it is actually raining. Not just misty but real rain that we can actually see dropping from the sky. We can even hear it raining - which is a first.
It is so glorious to see the leaves all wet and drippy. Oh, that it would keep on coming. Enough to really make a difference. It would be so exciting to see actual water in the ditches. Wouldn't it be amazing if we can see the Sespe River with water where there is only stone and sand now?
...
And now it seems to be stopping. So sad.
I guess we won't see any gushing rivers from this shower.
I will be thankful for what we get and I have no doubt that the parched ground will soak up every precious drop that falls.
No comments:
Post a Comment