An emotional roller-coaster. That's what it is.
Feeling good about making such progress and then realizing how much there is left to do. And to get rid of!
Feeling grateful and pleasantly surprised by how much energy I have and how many days I have been going gang-busters. Then being wiped out and dragging around barely able to move. Remembering how important it is to pace myself.
Feeling amazed that I'm able to keep up with my huge November writing project while also making huge strides in this moving project. Then feeling ashamed of myself that I've forgotten to walk for several days. Well, that I've forgotten to "take a walk" and to track my miles - although I have certainly taken many, many steps between cabin and shed and RV; between truck and storage unit; up and down steps to the basement and the loft - pretty much all day every day. Yah, I've been walking some miles; I just haven't remembered to track them. Oh, well.
Enjoying my keen focus on the project of the day and feeling rather pleased with myself for keeping those blinders on and not getting distracted. Then other days feeling so scattered and fragmented and unable to keep pushing on that project because of getting lured away by all of the other ones demanding my attention.
Being excited to get the storage unit - because it feels like such a significant step toward the next phase in our epic journey and toward closure for this chapter. Feeling cautiously optimistic about how spacious it seems. Then a couple days later arriving with that first load to realize that the spot isn't really very big and it's going to fill up really fast - which means I guess we're going to have to get rid of more stuff.
It seems that every day or two (and sometimes every hour or so) some discovery confronts our current perception of the process and the progress. So we take another deep breath and we keep walking. We keep taking the next steps - sometimes baby steps, sometimes pretty big steps.
The highs and the lows. The hills and the dips. The optimism along with the discouragement. The sane thoughts battling with the extreme feelings. The straight pathways and clear goals along with the wandering around wondering what to do next. The large steps and the tiny ones.
...
Move that sand pile - piece by piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment