Sunday, April 22, 2018

On this day...

I really do love Facebook memories. 
That "on this day" feature that pops up every day.  
It reminds me of adventures we've had and places we've been, but it also reminds me of my wonderings and some of my silliness in a typical day.  It is so fun to see the variety that pops up on a specific date through the years.  
Oh, the wonderings and the wanderings!


2010
… is excited about a week-end with her girls!!!
 we're going to a beach house at St. Joe. Too bad it's gonna' be rainy, but we'll have fun anyway!!!
...This was to celebrate my 60th and it was very wonderful to hang out with my favorite women...


2011
 Lina's here! Yay!!! And her parents, too!


2012
Courage is not the absence of fear,
but rather the judgement
that something else
is more important than fear.
The brave may not live forever,
but the cautious do not live at all.
-Genovian prince
...I like to pay attention to famous thinkers even when they are not real


2012
"Fry bacon, add onions”
Now there's a free Kindle title that just might be worth “buying."
Yep, it's a cookbook…


2013
Earth Day. 
What can I do to take better care of this amazing planet? Sometimes I get overwhelmed by all the things that I SHOULD do, but I can pick one new habit at a time.


2013
Note to self: Read things carefully before reacting.
"Fried in deep pan" is quite different than "Friend in deep pain”
Yes, read carefully...


2013
I've been wondering what surprises I might discover at our new place this spring. I was thinking of flowers and didn't expect a pair of ducks on our lawn lake - probably because I didn't know we might have a lake. That's fun.
...This was when we lived in the old log house at the tree farm...


2014
I picked oranges today - first time ever!
...Longer version:
I found a new friend! A Spanish-speaking one. All of the other neighbors I had chatted with so far have been English-speaking. But finally I found one that will help me learn Spanish. Yay!!!
… And she invited me to come and visit.
… At least I think that's what she said!
AND she gave me some oranges and avocados. She let me help pick the oranges - my first time to do that! How fun.
...While living and working in a little county park in Southern California...


2015
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you.  What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of a difference you want to make.”
 - Jane Goodall


2015
Today's walk around the lake has been interrupted by frozen nose and has officially been scuttled. Replaced with clam chowder. Yep.
...Our campground in Ortonville, Michigan, included a small lake.  Walking the mile-mile trail around the lake was a regular daily activity for us...


2017
Walking to the Farmers' Market to do the SuperHero Fun Run...
I am a superhero today.
The Superhero Races raise funds to help kids at risk of violence. Every child needs a hero.

...We had just moved to Flint and I did the SuperHero Fun Run with some of the grandkids.  Just call me SuperGram.  The little guys walked home with us afterward.

It is SO fun to live right here in the city where we can walk to and from all kinds of places.

And then the other kids and other grandkid arrived for their first visit to our new place.  What a wonderful fun time together...


Taking the little guys for a walk. 
Found the orange playground where the cousins introduced Riley to slides! 
Much shrieking and laughter! 
Back home another way. I told the kids there are a thousand ways to our house. My grand-daughter told me that she can't believe we got a house with a table big enough for us all to sit.
What a fun family visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment