I sure do love this place.
This town, this neighborhood...
You ask why?
Lots of reasons...
This town, this neighborhood...
You ask why?
Lots of reasons...
- The Good Beans Cafe
- Art - so much art in this town, so many places to find art
- Music - all kinds of venues
- Races and festivals
- Diversity
- History
- Walkability
- Bike-ability: 17 miles of bike trails along the river
But these are not why we came. They are not why we moved to Flint. We didn't even know about most of these until we got here.
We came to work with Internationals but we quickly found other reasons to stay.
I continue to be amazed by this place but it really does come down to the people. Sure enough. There is much to love about this town, but it is the people who make me feel at home here.
Internationals:
We have met students from 30 countries and we love hanging out with them.
Volunteers:
Before we even moved here, the people we work with made us want to be part of this place.
Neighbors:
What an amazing bunch of people. They have welcomed us with open arms. I am already a better person for having known them. We are so grateful for our neighbors.
Our kids and grands:
Can't forget them. They were not the reason we came, but it sure doesn't hurt to have some of our family nearby.
Yep, I sure do love this place!
And yes, there are many reasons!


No comments:
Post a Comment