Thursday, June 16, 2022

All in a day's walk

They say it will be really hot again today, so gotta' get this walk done early.  

Let's see... which direction shall I walk today?

I heard that somebody has finally started work on that sinkhole on Lyon Street so maybe I'll go that way around the block to check it out.  Ooh, and the mulberries! I wonder when they'll be ready.

...

Looks like they have indeed done lots of work here, but to this untrained eye, it seems like they're just getting started.  This is now a much bigger hole for us to ride our bikes around on our way to the bridge.


On to Mulberry Corner...

Hey, some of them are ripe!  Yum!  Tasty.

But oh, so sad to lose all of those that have fallen on the ground...


Speaking of berries...  

Let's check the black raspberries along the fence at the corner of the empty lot next door. ...  Oh, good; it looks like another bumper crop this year.  Fresh berry pie season just ahead!


And while we speak of bumper crops, how about the historic roses on the front fence!  

Those buds are just about ready to pop open!


Before I go inside, I gotta' take another peak at those crazy wildflowers that refuse to stay home.  Fortunately our neighbor doesn't seem to mind them busting through the fence; in fact, he says he loves them!






I think it was three years ago that I ordered that quarter-pound of perennial wildflower seed mix from Eden Brothers.  I scattered those seeds in the fall and looked forward to spring.  As I watched and waited there were a few newcomers, but only a few.  The next year brought a few more, but this year they've gone a little crazy!  They are so cheery and delightful!



So much happening and so much beauty to enjoy... all in a day's walk.


No comments:

Post a Comment