If you come here often, you know that I love me some FB memories. If I can find the time, I take a few minutes to browse them each day. It is usually a fun stroll down Memory Lane.
This date is pretty typical - with a bit of fun mixed in with a whole lot of ordinary.
...
2009
Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Zion, Illinois - for my annual check-up
Just got good news: all the test results were normal. Wahoo!!! Now I can get excited about heading home!!!
2010
Reporting on my daily walk
I got out there too late & it's too hot - so I only did 2 miles. Ugh.
2011
What a beautiful glorious day - the perfect temp. How fun to be able to move from sun to shade while reading a good book. A day of Sabbath rest. Ah…..
2012
Dinner out with our kids
Sushi, bourbon chicken, crab rangoon…. Yum.
2013
Not a good technology week for me.
- Old computer dies
- When trying to find back-up copies of files and documents, Google Drive gives me only blank pages.
(Wait. Stop. Today (in 2023) I am again dealing with some of these same issues… so I think I’m gonna’ skip over this one… because I can.)
2014
Denali, Alaska, in our little old fifth-wheel RV
The rain has stopped, the clouds have thinned enough to reveal lots of new snow on the surrounding mountains. Even Mt. Healy is snow-covered - with more snow than the summer staffers have seen before.
2015
Ortonville, Michigan
I was at the deli in the grocery store when the lights flickered and went out. People started freaking out about how the cash registers won't work and wondering how long they might be out. Took me back 25 years to when it happened all the time in the D.R. and the cashiers just whipped out their calculators and just kept going. Sure enough, the lights were back on within a minute or so.
2019
Celebrating the centennial of my dad’s birth all month with lots of pictures
2020. - Pandemic wisdom from Jason Boyett:
Maybe you believe wearing a mask is an affront to your personal liberties. But we set aside our personal liberties all the time to show respect to others.
- If you've ever given up a weekend afternoon to visit an elderly grandparent, you have shown respect and love at the expense of your personal liberties.
- If you've ever yielded your car to allow a funeral procession to pass by, you have shown respect and love at the expense of your personal liberties.
- If you've ever bought a cup of coffee for someone in military fatigues at the airport, you have shown respect and love at the expense of your personal liberties.
You can wear a mask for 30 minutes at the grocery store for the same reason. Setting aside your personal liberties to protect others doesn't have to mean you're a sheep or a fool.
It can mean you are a person willing to show respect and love to others, even at the (brief) expense of your freedom.
2022
What a grand day for porch-sitting!
All the usual summer pleasures…
- Gaze at the roses that were planted here 100 years ago.
- Inhale the smell of coffee roasting next door.
- Listen to the chants and the music... and the occasional vuvuzela from the stadium as the Flint Bucks play the Mexican National B team…
Ah, yes, I love my life.
...
(2023 comment on this one)
Same view today. Similar sentiments. The smell of the roasting coffee is particularly wonderful today and I am feeling particularly grateful.


No comments:
Post a Comment