It has been a month!
Take that as a statement of fact or as an exclamation of head-shaking wonder and amazement.
Fact:
It has been a month since I became a grandma. Yes, that beautiful, darling, cute, precious little Lina is one month old today. Funny how quickly she snuggled her way into my heart.
Fact:
It has been (almost) a month since I last posted a blog entry. I hadn't decided whether to feel guilty about that fact or not. However I'm finally learning that feeling guilty rarely brings about any positive results - so I guess I won't.
Fact:
I have failed to maintain normal routines this month. Granted I had the excuse that I was putting everything else on hold to be available when I'd be needed as grandma. A good friend had told me that nothing else was as important. So it's true that I haven't been keeping up with things like writing my morning pages, but neither am I giving up on them. I will bring them back.
Fact:
It has also been an interesting month - in a couple ways. The most notable one is that our youngest daughter and hubby headed off to the middle east - settling into a downtown Cairo apartment just days before things blew apart there.
Yes, it has been a month since I typed those words in that last entry about how a year earlier my daughter had been on the other side of the world in the middle of a crisis with uncertainty and danger on every side. And now it has been a month - and yet again a daughter is on the other side of the world in the middle of a crisis facing uncertainty and danger...
Whew!
It has been a month!
No comments:
Post a Comment