Friday, April 20, 2012

the jungle feast

Brilliant lush green – deep, dark green and yet somehow bright green – contrasts with the deliciously wet black tree trunks. Yes, those are the colors of this jungle after a soaking rain. Yes, the leaves are opening enough to make it look like a jungle today. What a feast for my eyes! This is one of my very favorite times of the year (at least in my top four!) to be in this glorious part of creation. It wouldn’t be hard to feel badly about leaving it all; nope, it wouldn’t be hard at all. On the other hand, I can choose to enjoy every bit of beauty, to breathe it in, to drink it in, to celebrate the fact that it has been my privilege to enjoy it for 39 springtimes, and to enjoy it even one more time. Why would I want to let anything spoil that celebration? It is with a hard lump in my throat that I think of the hard parts of leaving even whilst looking forward with grand anticipation to the journey ahead. It's a jungle out there and I can't wait to explore it.

No comments:

Post a Comment