Date: 14 august 12
Location: Waterford, MI; living in the basement at our daughter’s house
Outside: jingle of the ice cream truck going by out front & the "pitty, pitty patter of little bitty feet"* on the deck out back – visitors here to meet little Ernesto Robert
Miles traveled: staying put this week
Walked: not much today
Hubby is: editing photos
Recent happenings: the birth of our grandson 4 days ago and a wedding at our place 3 days ago
Noted: that it has been three months since we moved out of our house & that we’re doing pretty well with the move
Blessings: This place – a nice little apartment down here, quite comfortable & convenient
Watching tonight: Too tired most evenings to watch anything – after watching little bundle of energy all day
Accomplishments: By helping wherever I can with the little ones, it is my privilege to build relationships with them. How fun and how awesome.
---
* "pitty, pitty patter" phrase is from the old song by Susan Raye
Kaye, I was thinking a lot about your property ! And how beautiful it was with the cabin and everything.
ReplyDeleteAnd I often think of you, Janna, on this journey. Can you guess why? As we are down-sizing & getting rid of more & more stuff, and as I continue to marvel that I am actually able to let things go, I sometimes remember the day that you helped me clean the basement shelves and how hard it was for me to let go of things. That was the start, my friend - the turning point. I am grateful to you for that help, for the encouragement, the nudge. We/I have made a LOT of progress since then - and you were part of it. Don't get me wrong; there is still so much stuff that I need to let go of - but I'm doing it!
DeleteThank you!
Aw, well I'm glad to have had the opportunity! I really enjoyed the time I spent with you and Bob! It was lovely. :)
ReplyDelete