...
I remember the first time we got eggs in a bag instead of a carton. When we asked for a dozen eggs, the little old lady carefully counted them out & placed them in a small flimsy plastic bag & gently tied it up. I remember thinking that didn't seem very safe & I hoped we could get them home without breaking one or all of them. We did. Now we get eggs that way all the time. I guess it almost feels normal now.
...
Another exploration day
We found an interesting store in Las Galeras - that had a little bit of everything. There was a deli case up front with colorful rounds of Sosua cheese including some Gouda and several names I don't remember. There were some blocks of meat and even hot dogs! Unbelievable. Across the aisle was a good-sized case of larimar and amber and other tipico jewelry - and a man who desperately wanted to sell me some.
Beyond these were shelves of canned goods and boxes of shelf milk and lots of other groceries. But what really surprised me was the stack of coolers (ice chests) followed by a huge display of Tupperware wanna-be's. Shelves were piled to overflowing with cheap sets of plastic storage containers. Just what I've been looking for!
...
Lobster anyone?
One of the fishermen, Jose Luis, walked up the beach to see if anyone wanted to buy some lobsters. He had a few small ones, several medium-sized, and one huge monster. Sunny from Missouri asked me to translate for her. After helping with her transaction, we ended up buying a small one for us. 'Twas our first time to ever cook a lobster. We must have done it right; at least it tasted pretty good.
...
Church in the cove
Two or three are gathered in the name of Jesus.
We speak of God's goodness; we worship Him in this place.
The heavens declare the glory of God and so does the ocean.
Scripture is read; the teachings of Jesus are studied.
Yep, we had church.
...
Good weekend.
.........
Exciting to read the snippets from your adventure! Thank you for sharing!
ReplyDelete...and thank YOU for your kind words, Lisa.
DeleteYes, Kaye, someone has read your posts. They make me smile. Remembering our travels as I read about your experiences, they make me smile. May you experience what you are looking for.
ReplyDeleteBTW, it is cold and snowy here in Fort Wayne today! and yes, I am loving it!
Carolyn, your comment about "what I am looking for" intrigues me and inspires me to think through what I am looking for - once again. In fact, that might be a good blog post.
Delete