Shame, shame; shame on you.
There seems to be lots of shame hurled around these days - epidemic proportions. Maybe there's a new game on the market - called the blame and shame game.
Shame on you.
When is it appropriate to say that to another person? Is it ever appropriate to say that to another person? I'm not sure it ever is...
Oh, yah, I'm pretty sure that I used to say it, but now I wonder.
...
I do not like the feeling of shame - no matter the source. It's one thing if I do something to bring it on myself and another totally different thing to have someone intentionally shame me.
Does shame accomplish any good purpose?
Does it cause unnecessary harm?
...
I want to live a life of grace.
I want to receive grace and I want to extend grace.
I wonder where shame fits in a life of grace.
Hmmm...
No comments:
Post a Comment