Thursday, September 4, 2014

Beach-walking - Thankful Thursday

Even while living in southern California for 5 months, it seemed that I didn't get to do enough of my favorite pastime: walking on the beach. I found a few good beaches and a couple great ones, but none of them perfect for barefoot walking - and all too far away to access each morning for my daily walk.


So yesterday was to be a beach day. It ended up being off again and on again but here we are. We made it - and with our little house on wheels - only to discover that the beach is gone because of high water levels. Where there used to be miles and miles and miles of beach that I could walk each morning, there are only tiny sections here and there - nearly impossible to access. Well, drats! That constitutes a great disappointment.


So am I feeling thankful? Actually, yes, I am. We are still having a good time and there is so much that is good in life. For example, at least I can see the water from my window. And I can still walk through the lovely woods. And we have this great little place to live in. Being in here feels like coming home.


What fun it was to make such an impulsive decision to go camping. How cool that we were able to be on the road within a couple hours. That was a major accomplishment - both in terms of getting a decision made and in pulling the plan together rather quickly.


Life is good.

I am thankful.

And now I'm going for a walk.

...

Late news flash.
Good news!

After I typed this, my husband came back from his bike ride to inform me that he had discovered a beach that had not disappeared and was still walkable. So that's where I went to walk on the beach today. Yippee!!!

...
Thankful indeed.

1 comment:

  1. We were surprised by the lack of beach as well! But, like you, we had a wonderful weekend together with our whole family! The sunsets were AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete