So I have to say that I was feeling a teensy bit sad about leaving. This had been a good place to live. Nice campground. Beautiful lake. Good people. Great area.
And being close to our daughter and grand-babies has been awesome. How fun to live near enough to be in their lives pretty much every week - from camping and making jewelry to broken bones.

It was the longest we've lived in one spot since moving out of the big house three and a half years ago. This place felt like home - enough so that we had talked of coming back next summer. But now things are up in the air. Kids' plans and our plans. The ones that were close are probably moving farther away. And now there will be a grand-kid on the other side of the state, too - so who knows?
There were other things I was noticing. The last shower in this rig for awhile - because we'll be boon-docking for the next couple months and will have to pack a shower bag to go to an "external shower." And we'll be at the lighthouse for a couple weeks - so we have to pack more than a shower bag for that. Then a trip east next month sleeping in a different bed every night - and using a different shower. And then several months in a furnished apartment somewhere. Maybe. Living out of suitcases. Sleeping in different beds and using different showers.
I really like this shower. One of the best I've ever had. I appreciate my shower.
And I like the rest of this small cozy place. We often hear each other say, "I love my house." There is no doubt we're going to miss the comfort and convenience of living here in our tiny house.
But there are trade-offs. There are new adventures ahead. There is a new grand-daughter being born any hour now. There are new roads to travel and new people to meet. There might even be some other nice showers.
So yes, I was feeling a little sad. It felt like the end of an era. But before we pulled out from the campground, I noticed that the sadness had given way to excitement for what lies ahead.




No comments:
Post a Comment