Thursday, September 17, 2015

PJ sunset on the beach

Turns out everybody else on the team had plans for the evening - and we have the place to ourselves. How weird. And how fun!

And that after talking all day to the TWELVE groups of students about what it must have been like to live in a lighthouse. How isolated and remote.


So here we are...

Kinda' fun.

At first all I wanted to do was to sit and relax after a long and exhausting day of work. I didn't want to think about anything. I didn't want to have to figure anything out or solve any dilemmas. I was so tired I barely wanted to eat - and that doesn't happen often. I didn't want to get up and move. I just wanted to get off my feet and do nothing.

I sat gazing out the window. I began marveling at the lonely desolate beauty. At the wonder of it all. How stupendously amazing this is. That we get to live out here in this 15-room house "under the light" as they say in our historical video. And that we even get to have the big old place to ourselves for a few hours. Now 'tis true that we work hard for the privilege. But most of it is fun work - or at least quite interesting.

Here's the deal. I really, really like living where I can hear the waves crashing below our window. And what do you know? Here we are.

Of course, I also love living where I can walk on the beach every day. Unfortunately that part isn't working out so well - partly because the beach is not really walkable here and partly because I have been too busy and too exhausted.

But hey, even as worn out as I am, I can at least go out and sit on a bench for a bit - except that I already put my jammies on. Oh, well; I can go anyway. And so I did.

What a great idea. Wandering on the beach in PJs and enjoying the sunset - just because I can.
 

A big thank you to my photographer hubby
for documenting our time here and our life of adventure.





1 comment: