Pink October
Once again I’ve been thinking about all the pink ribbons and once again wondering. Wondering if it really does any good. Hopefully there will be lives saved by the awareness campaign. But I wonder. Might there be better ways to invest the bucks and the energy? I’m guessing that a huge percentage of the dollars and the decorations and the hype really doesn’t make any positive difference for anybody. I hope I’m wrong, but I wonder.
Sad Remembrance
October has also been set aside as a time of awareness of pregnancy and infant loss. Long a hidden and overlooked issue, I’m glad that steps are being taken to recognize how real and how painful this grief can be.
It’s personal
Both of these “commemorations” are personal for me. I am a breast-cancer survivor and I’ve experienced the loss of miscarriage. I understand at least a bit of the fear and grief involved with both. I hope that I am sensitive to others affected by them.
It's time to move again
During September and October - between our commitment at the lighthouse and other short trips - we have been parked in our daughter’s yard. This campsite does not boast full hook-ups - which means that the usual convenience of RV life has been traded in for more of a camping lifestyle - but the joy of being near to help with the little one tips the scale.
And now the temperature is falling so we need to winterize the RV. Therefore we move tomorrow into a furnished apartment for November and December. It is right along Stacy’s route to work so we can help with child-care once she goes back after maternity leave. Then after the holidays, at the beginning of the year, we will head to warmer temps.
It’s NaNo time!
November is National Novel Writing Month and once more I am participating. It is my sixth year and has been a great experience for me. A great time to do some concentrated writing. I plan to crank out 2000 words a day to make it to the goal of 50,000 words written during the month. I will gladly accept encouragement and questions about how it’s going.

Congrats on your success this morning!! Looking forward to reading a Novel by Kaye :D
ReplyDeleteYah, not your typical "novel" - more autobiographical in nature, but that's okay. It still counts. And this will be only the rough draft, so sometime AFTER November I really do need to start editing one of these babies!
DeleteWell until then, enjoy November :)
Delete