It might be time to hear these words again...
.....................
I made friends with fear
We went everywhere together
He pulled out my chair
when I sat down at the table
I told him everything
just to get his opinion
He spoke so confidently
because I always believed him
He kept me from doin' anything
too risky or brave
In exchange for his protection
I became his slave
I made friends with hate
I hated everything about him
But I was so wounded by love
I tho't I couldn't live without him
He kept track of every little grudge
so it wouldn't heal
He helped me hold and preserve
all the pain I feel
I'm leavin' this sad city
Sorry, my old friends
but you can't go with me
I made friends with love and mercy
Ooh... and they're such good dancers
So don't call me anymore...
I'm not gonna' answer
I'm gonna' tango with my new friends
I'm gonna' tango with my new self
I'm gonna' tango with my new feet
I'm dancin' to the rhythm
of a brave new beat
..............
by Erin Zindle and the Ragbirds



No comments:
Post a Comment