Wednesday, January 18, 2017

On this day; tidbits from the road

I love Facebook memories - that cool little feature called “on this day” - that brings forward tidbits from this date of your Facebook history.

It is so fun to be reminded of things that were happening in my world one year ago today or two or three years ago - or maybe even eight years ago!

Certain dates seem to be filled with significant stuff through the years while others simply journal my ordinary moments.

This date, January 18, held some interesting moments in the last few years.


2014

View from the laundromat.
Not too shabby

(I was loving the palm trees and the mountains and the fact that we were privileged to live in southern California for a season.)



2015

- What a gorgeous day.  Let’s go to New Orleans!

- Mississippi

- The Pascagoula River

- Louisiana. Checking another state off our list
Does that make 35 for me?

- Walked 4.7 miles around the French Quarter 
(according to my Endomondo tracker)

The Market Cafe - for lunch and live jazz music

- Musical Legends Park - for beignets

- That is one stinkin’ long bridge.
Especially for this girl who doesn’t care for bridges.

- Safely back.
Sweet home Alabama

...

(These posts were from our day trip to New Orleans - from our winter home in Alabama. That was fun! What a privilege to finally get to visit this iconic city. Looking back I realize that I didn't do a blog post about it; I guess I still could. Look for it here.)

...

2016

"I love that time in the early, early morning when the music has finally fallen silent as have the motorcycles so that we can finally hear the surf again.
...and then the roosters!

"Walked along the beach and then to a couple stores, stopping at the French bakery on the way home. Yep. I can dig this routine."

...

(At this time we were living in Las Galeras, a small fishing village at the literal end of the road in the Samana Peninsula, Dominican Republic.)

...

2017

And now it is 2017 and we are back in Michigan - staying put for a year.
Feels good - to take the time to slow down a bit. To catch up on things that didn’t get done when we were on the road.

I wonder where we will be ON THIS DAY next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment