Saturday, July 8, 2017

Clouds and rainbows and perspective

I think about perspective a lot.


Good days and bad
Thorns and roses
Bad news and good news
Sun and rain
Clouds and rainbows


I seem to realize that I need to remind myself to keep perspective when things start to feel one-sided.


So that’s what I do. 

I remind myself that roses come with thorns.
(Or that thorns come with roses!)
That there will be good days and bad.
That life is fleeting and I can choose to cherish the moments.
That we will hear both good and bad news

And now I am also reminded of yet another perspective by one of the most inspiring people in the world, Maya Angelou. She reminds me that there will be clouds but there are also rainbows.  Her words challenge me once again:
  
“The thing to do, it seems to me, is to prepare yourself so that you can be a rainbow in somebody else’s cloud.  Somebody that may not look like you…  or speak your language…  but be a blessing to somebody.  That’s what I think.”

...

This.
This is what I want to be about.
Yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment