Thursday, August 31, 2017

Life to live

Yikes!
What in the world has happened to my blogging habit?

Well, I’ll tell you what happened.  I have let myself get so involved in life that I run out of time and simply can’t do all of the things that I think I’m going to do.  I think I wrote about that once - about how life can get in the way of writing about life!  Or something like that.  

Much has happened in recent months.  Lots of excitement.  Lots of fun.  Lots that I do want to write about - if I can ever find the time to sit myself down to make it happen.


Our recent move has opened up a whole new world. For example, after being on the road for a few years and experiencing a lack of community, suddenly the opportunities abound and I find myself jumping in with both feet.



There are fascinating and exciting
things to do, 
places to go, 
trails to explore, people to meet, 
food to taste, 
mulberries to pick, roses to smell…  


Life to live… 
And the fun-filled weeks slip by.  

There are 
car shows, 
tractor shows, 
art shows, 
and music shows.  
I’ve attended
a literary festival, 
an art festival, 
and a world-famous
festival of races.


We made this move to be near the International students, many of whom have been away during the summer but they are just now arriving back for the fall semester.

In the last couple days we have met new people from 10 different countries - and are expecting many of them to show up at our house on Saturday for an American hot dog roast.  We are working hard to find and provide some meatless options - at least some dishes with no beef for the Hindus and some with no pork for the Muslims.  Yes, we will serve Koegel Viennas but we also have turkey dogs and even some vegetarian ones.


Yep, there is lots of life to live.  I do want to write about many of these various things, but in the meantime, I’m enjoying pretty much every minute of my new life.



5 comments:

  1. Keep living, but write too occassionally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, kind sir. I appreciate you taking the time to encourage me.

      Delete
  2. I read !!! Post when you can and have something to share dear friend, but we all have enough stress. Don't sweat it when other things take priority. I will make it a point to leave you a comment more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear friend. I'm finding a balance that I can feel good about.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete