In recent years I’ve chosen to observe International Women’s Day by celebrating women I know from around the world as well as other amazing women who are working to make the world a better place… because that was all I knew to commemorate the day.
But THIS YEAR it was my privilege to celebrate WITH phenomenal women from all over the world at our local event co-sponsored by the International Center of Greater Flint.
We enjoyed flavors of the world, we heard successful International women discuss the challenges in their lives and careers here in mid-Michigan and we were entertained by the Kuungana African Drum/Dance Company. ’Twas an interesting and inspiring evening.
We enjoyed flavors of the world, we heard successful International women discuss the challenges in their lives and careers here in mid-Michigan and we were entertained by the Kuungana African Drum/Dance Company. ’Twas an interesting and inspiring evening.
I am so happy to be in a place where I can now participate in such wonderful festivities - and am especially grateful that they are not isolated events for me. In the last few months I have met people from more than 20 countries and often bump into them on campus, around town and get to hang out with some of them regularly. What an incredible privilege!




No comments:
Post a Comment