Sunday, January 23, 2022

Looking back... on this date

On this date, these things happened...


2013  -  at The Cove, El Frances, Samana, Dominican Republic

 Wow!  Internet again!  Two days in a row.  Wait; three times in two days!  That won't be the pattern, I'm sure.  But my neighbor with a car needed to get online for an hour so she invited me to come again.  Yippee!!!


 After getting dropped off in town yesterday, we found a nice little French restaurant, a place to rent a four-wheeler - which we will probably do sooner than later, a little shop where I shall return to buy a huge cool tote bag, the supermercado, and then we successfully caught a gua-gua back to the cove.  A very successful day.



2015  -  Monthly pot-luck at the campground, Dauphin Island, Alabama

 Those old people like to dance!!!


 Finally stopped at the bakery here on the island. Oh, my. Bacon bread and cinnamon rolls are good enough to eat. Oh, yah. Cheese Danish awaits evaluation.




2016  -  at our VRBO in Las Galeras, Samana, Dominican Republic

 Well, I think that's the first time I've ever had to de-snag my drying laundry from the cactus plants growing nearby.




2018  -  Flint, MI

 This is awesome.  ABC12 is promoting the International Taste Fest which is organized by one of the groups that I volunteer with.


I love my life!

I'm so grateful for this journey.

It's good to be reminded. 


No comments:

Post a Comment