Friday, April 1, 2022

April Fool's Day: journal snippets

Do you have fun memories from that awesome April Fool's Day joke you pulled?

Or a not-so-fun memory of the worst time you got pranked?  

Since it was the year I was born, I don't have actual memories of this, but I have heard the stories of the blizzard on April 1, 1950.  Our neighbor was born that day.  My dad took his tractor to their place to help get the mom through the snow on her way to the hospital.

Many years later I discovered by personal experience that April 1 is not an easy day to be a public-school teacher.

A few other memories from this date...



2013

Ah, April 1 - the only day of the year when people critically evaluate things they find on the internet before accepting them as true.



2015

Best April Fool's joke EVER!!!!!!!

Best because it's true.

Yep, we're soon to be G'pa and G'ma again!

Woohoo!

Stacy:  POP QUIZ: The purpose of this post is:

  1. To be the best April Fools Day Joke ever.  
  2. To point out that Stacy may have never gotten around to scheduling that tubal ligation procedure after turning 40.
  3. To report that Stacy and Aaron finally feel like they know each other well enough after 15 years to finally consummate their marriage. 
  4. Stacy has been eating a lot of cake. 
  5. To announce that the McFlys are expecting their own little bundle of joy/tax deduction this September (and she's gonna be amazing!)

 ...and then her follow-up to it…

A moment of serious talk: Many of you know Aaron and I have had our share of loss and sorrow when it comes to pregnancy in the past and had come to a point in our lives when we had dealt with it and were ready to move on being the ridiculous childless couple that you know and love. So this very unexpected blessing feels very much like a terrifying and joyous miracle most of the time and frankly, needed some pomp, flair, and humor in its announcement. Thank you so much for accepting our news with humor and fun and thanks for your well wishes! We will also be accepting donations and free babysitting offers.

Me - 2017: That best April Fool's prank is asleep in our guest room. Even sleeping late for Grandma!!! I like that!



2017

Word of the day: plisky

noun 

[plis-kee]

1. Scot. and North England, a mischievous trick; practical joke; prank

adjective

1. Scot. and North England, mischievous, playful

...

(dictionary.com)





2019

Word of the day: fool

noun

1. a dish made of fruit, scalded or stewed, crushed and mixed with cream or the like: gooseberry fool






2022

As I stepped outside, some sort of wintry concoction blew into town and I suddenly found myself in a white-out. I took the few steps to the cafe next door and stepped inside, my dark navy blue hoodie now white with the sticky little pellets. 

April Fools!

Fortunately, this blizzard was momentary - unlike the one in 1950.


No comments:

Post a Comment