Thursday, February 22, 2024

Thankful Thursday... sad Thursday

I’m really thankful for days that are NOT packed with appointments and deadlines and meetings.  What a luxury.


It was not a day off.  My to-do list was hefty and I checked off many items.  But having a flexible schedule meant that I was able to get out there and walk my mile at the warmest hour of the day.


But… that walk took me near the latest demolition project in our neighborhood - an amazing old building with a storied history.  The demolition seems to stir up conflicting opinions - including sadness and frustration.  I'm a relative newcomer, but yes, I feel sad about the loss of this historical landmark.


Kinda’ like life, I guess - with its disappointments and sadness.


Meanwhile I find myself feeling grateful for that other picture I shot of the place six years ago while on my bike ride.  Such a small token, but I’m glad I have it.



No comments:

Post a Comment