For awhile now I’ve been fascinated with the idea of visiting independent bookstores across Michigan. I even created a special list of them on my Google map. In fact, the other day we we were driving some side roads when one of those tags popped up on my map screen - just ahead of us. How fun to be able to make a quick stop and check out Beloved Books in Linden.
I tried to hurry, but there were too many things to look at and to ask about - so I began making plans to come back in a few weeks.
Because, you see, March is National Reading Month and I had just stumbled upon a recent article featuring bookstores in Genesee County and suggesting that readers might want to explore them during this month.
I think I’m ready to do just that. Explore as many of those bookstores as I can during the month of March. Some on the list seem to be closed now or have disappeared, but most of these seem to be viable options.
- A Bit of Earth, in the Flint Farmers’ Market
- Beloved Books, that I just discovered in Linden - and will return!
- Comma Books, downtown Flint, within walking distance for me!
- Cottage Used Books, Goodrich
- Lizz’s Books, and Open Book, both in Fenton
- R&B Used Books, Grand Blanc
- Totem Books, near downtown Flint. I visit Totem often for one of their many cool events but also just to hang out reading, writing, or talking with a friend.
Sure enough I am planning a Bookstore Tour for Reading Month this year - ending up back at Beloved Books when the new coffee shop is open!





Great idea! Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete