Thursday, March 28, 2024

Objects are closer than they appear...

You know that little warning on your passenger-side mirror?

The one that says: 


That means that they are also larger than they appear.

...


I might want to keep such wisdom in mind when I establish my plans and goals for a given day - or week or month!  Sometimes I think I need a warning on my mirror.  A reminder...


Projects on my calendar are bigger than they seem.


They will take longer than I think.


Case in point.

My bookstore tour.


What a fun idea it was!


To celebrate National Reading Month I had set out to visit the independent bookstores in my county.  I got a good start, but not even close to finishing the list.  That project was obviously larger than I had calculated.


So... I shall extend my tour into the month of April... which will be just fine.  I'm feeling thankful that my schedule allows such flexibility.


Sure enough; today is Thursday and I am thankful.

2 comments:

  1. Kaye,
    Your book store adventure sounds fun. Was there a favorite store you went to?
    It sounds like you gave yourself grace to extend the adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I've been to already are my favorites so far. And yep, it's fun.

      Delete