Thursday, March 7, 2024

Within walking distance!

Because March is National Reading Month, somebody suggested that it would be a good time to visit the various independent bookstores in Genesee County.  I had already been interested in doing such a thing sometime, so I did some research and started planning a couple road trips to do just that. I find it very cool that a couple on the list are within walking distance of my house.

It is wise to note that several of these independent bookstores operate with a small staff and therefore are not open every day of the week.  So I checked and double-checked Comma’s schedule, put on my walking shoes, and headed out on one of their open days early in the month.  Sadly, they were not open when I got there.  


March is not only National Reading Month but also Women’s History Month, providing some good window shopping.  I hung out for awhile and kept calling the number, but no answer so I eventually gave up and walked back home.  I guess I’ll  move Comma Books down my list a bit and try again once spring has really sprung.



No comments:

Post a Comment