Friday, August 2, 2024

25, 50, 75, 100

Today I think about numbers.

I notice numbers.

Numbers often feel significant to me.

Dates, anniversaries, birthdays, goals set and accomplished.


This year we celebrate some nice round numbers in our family.

25, 50, 75, 100!


Our first born marks those first two numbers - last month with 25 years of marriage and next month turning 50.  I suppose it is natural for parents to feel old when our kids celebrate such milestones, but Stacy has always been an old soul exhibiting at least the first two descriptors of that term - maturity and understanding - of someone much older so I am already accustomed to her seeming like more like my peer.


One week from today marks 100 years for my amazing mother-in-law, Betty.  I’ve met only a few centenarians, and have been blessed to know this special one for more than half of that century.


But back to today…

Today we celebrate 


Betty’s son

Stacy’s dad

... on his 75th.


What a guy!!!

Bob the builder

... and re-builder


Teacher

Mentor


Artist

Photographer

Musician


Camper

Adventurer


Husband

Dad 

Foster dad

Grandpa


… and so much more!


I am so glad I have had the privilege to walk beside this dear man for so many of those years.  I could not have imagined how good this journey could be.  


Happy birthday, Bob.

No comments:

Post a Comment