Monday, August 5, 2024

On this date...

Facebook reminds me of snippets I posted on this date through the years...




2012

 I am love, love, lovin' the cooler, lighter, fresher weather today.  

Ahhh...  It is so lovely.



 “The three hardest tasks in the world are neither physical feats nor intellectual achievements, but moral acts: to return love for hate, to include the excluded and to say, “I was wrong.” 

       ~ Sydney J Harris



 Two & a half months & I've just discovered a disadvantage of living in a teeny tiny place.  There's no place to get away from the sound of a creepy movie.  Thank goodness for headphones!!!



 I might have figured out why that little piece of leftover caramel & chocolate candy bar tastes different.  Maybe onions had been stored in that Glad box in a former life.  Hmmm…



 I've been preparing to be ready to start thinking about changing…

… the lyrics to a song.

… by the Ragbirds, a Michigan band.

… one of those lines that can seem exaggerated for emphasis, but which comes really close to the truth.



 

2013

"I feel a deep connection to you based on the books I saw on your bookshelf."

Meme source: The Well Written Woman




2014

Nice night. 

Dinner with dear friends.

Then our old tradition of ice cream snack before bed with my big brother... 




2015

Just a lovely spot we found along a little one-way street. A lovely spot indeed.

(Read more about this fun day.)



2016
I attended a nearby writers' group again last night - for my second time.
On my first visit I had heard about Lois, the 103-year-old poet who often attends - so I was thrilled when she showed up this time.  What a delightful person!  However she no longer writes poetry because she can't see - so she has switched to writing stories.  I love it!



2021

 Word of the day:  tohubohu

[ toh-hoo-boh-hoo ] 

noun

chaos; disorder; confusion.

Oh, my; what a fun and funny word.

But not fun to have too much tohubohu.

...

Friend Diane comments: I love that word! Our pastor uses it in his sermons.

...

Me: really? I had never heard it before.




 "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.”         - Bertrand Russell



No comments:

Post a Comment