I've seen the Five-Minute Friday challenge before & thought it looked interesting. My friend posted one today and on a whim I decided to give it a try, too.
Here's how it works. You write for 5 minutes, no editing, no over-thinking, no back-tracking...
Today's word is 'Loud'... Go.
...
LOUD
I remember so many days (mornings often) when I realized that I was loud. As a teenager, I’d have a ball at youth meeting, just a great time & then in the morning I’d begin to think “why do I have to be so loud?” I would feel embarrassed. Yuck.
Was I louder than the people around me? I don’t know. But I didn’t always like it.
Am I still loud? Sometimes. Maybe not so much in volume, but I sure tend to talk a lot. Again I might be having an awesome time – enjoying heart-to-heart with someone - & later realize that I did all of the talking. Oops. Embarrassing again. Yes, I feel embarrassed, but also rather ashamed. Dominating a conversation seems to be really inconsiderate & immature & insensitive. Yuck. Yep, I don’t like it very much. So why do I do it? Is it just the way I am? Do I have no self-control? Have I honestly sincerely tried to improve? Should I continue to try to get better? If so, how? What can I really do about it? Drats!! Double-drats!
Time’s up.
...and my man is calling me.
Gonna’ walk to the mailbox with him…
Love your post~ I find myself feeling this way after conversations with friends too. I wonder if they felt like it was all about me... and I've been trying to be more conscious of not dominating. I think that's why I write so much... if I get it out on paper, maybe it won't run over onto everyone I meet. It's funny, though, I can't picture you as loud! Glad you posted! =)
ReplyDelete