Movement
Mobility
Motion
I have committed to 40 Days of Movement. It has been a good exercise. Some days I have been excited about my progress report - other days not so much.
Recently, I haven't known how/what to report. I have been in motion, but I’m not sure how to describe it. Much of my motion has been internal – in my mind & in my emotions. Much of it has not been in a clear direction, but has been on a winding road with lots of twists and turns – nor has it been level or stable, but more like a roller-coaster.
I have been sorting boxes & more boxes. I have accomplished small goals – like reducing the pile of boxes – but I still feel overwhelmed at times. Or I think that I’m feeling good at times, rather proud of myself – and suddenly… Boom! I fall apart; I blow up. I show evidence of internal turmoil.
Some days I feel ambitious & energetic; other days I can barely force myself to tackle one small pile. Some hours I can only convince myself to deal with one item. All the letting go takes a toll. The multitudinous decisions wear me down. I want to be rid of the stuff, but it’s hard to let go.
I can’t be objective. Some days I can see the progress; other days I can’t see beyond the remaining piles.
But I am consciously committed to movement. Each day I choose to move – to move my body, my person, myself – and my stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment