It rather reminds me of my former existence within the institutional church. I was happily occupied with all kinds of ministries. I could observe the world around me while staying safe and comfortable – insulated from the conditions out there. I even hosted an annual event that I called "window on the world."
However, now that I am outside the walls, I feel vulnerable and more than a bit uncomfortable. But I also realize that “out here” is where I need to be if I want to engage the culture and really live the love of Jesus. My perspective was in dire need of correction – which could have only happened outside. I must now learn how to live and love out here in the real world.
However, now that I am outside the walls, I feel vulnerable and more than a bit uncomfortable. But I also realize that “out here” is where I need to be if I want to engage the culture and really live the love of Jesus. My perspective was in dire need of correction – which could have only happened outside. I must now learn how to live and love out here in the real world.

No comments:
Post a Comment