Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday tidbits

Sunday morning at the cove
Some of the fishermen headed out early today.
I can hear the guards slapping the table as they play dominoes.

...

Hammock day - under the palm trees!
What a lovely spot! And I think we have it to ourselves this morning because the neighbors have gone to church. I wonder if we will have sunshine today.

...

Absolutely perfect weather - hot sun, cool breeze, puffy clouds floating by
Sure enough: Our first sunburn, but not bad

...

How bizarre it is to wash out Zip-lock bags again
I have a feeling that Dominicans don't know much about food storage - because they probably rarely have food to store. I suppose that they buy the food as they need it and that they rarely have leftovers. We Americans, on the other hand, like to have a pantry filled with food and we need lots of containers in which to keep leftovers.

...

Bob is reading "Travels with Charley" and I'm reading Shawn & Maile Smucker's new book about their four-month trip in the big blue bus - the trip that I followed so closely on his blog because it coincided with the beginning of our big adventure. Two similar books from two very different eras, both so pertinent to our journey.

...

And now the unexpected and wonderful chance to get online again - AND to have some Facetime with the little munchkin!!! How absolutely awesome!

What a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment