Friday, April 5, 2013

Five-Minute Friday: AFTER

Five-Minute Friday - when we set the timer & write for five minutes - with no editing

The word is AFTER

Ready
Set timer
Go!

...
After.

How many times have I heard myself (or others) use that word?
After we retire maybe we can do this... or that...
Living out there in the future somewhere
Wistful

After you clean your plate you can have dessert. Or a candy.
Or get down from the table. Or go play...
Referring to some type of reward. After I do this, then I can do that.
A motivator of sorts

I also use it to help determine sequence. Order. Steps of action.
After can be a trigger to remind me of something important.
Let's see; what was I going to do right after that?

What...
What's going on?

...

(Pause timer.)

...

What was that?
What just happened to my keyboard?
Evidently I hit some weird combination of keys and locked everything up on my document. I couldn't continue typing until AFTER I figured out how in the world to fix it. Or until I happened to hit a magic key...
Which I guess must have happened

And now I'm out of time...

...

So what was I going to do after this five minute project?
And you?
What are you doing after reading this?
Were you reminded of something?

...

Well, this did not go well - especially with the tech glitch right in the middle. There's no coherence, no points, nothing that anybody would want to read. But then it wasn't going well even before the tech problem.

Maybe I should start over again.
Yah, maybe I will.
Maybe right after I...

No comments:

Post a Comment