There are some Thursdays when I feel rather thankful for a particular thing that I may choose not to share - maybe because I don't know how to articulate it or maybe because it is too personal or too special or maybe because it is not my news to share. There are other Thursdays when I feel sad about something but that something makes me feel grateful for something else - all of which again may or may not be mine to share.
There are also Thursdays when I simply feel grateful for the big picture of my life, but can't isolate any one thing. And then there are the Thursdays when I don't necessarily feel thankful - so my Thankful Thursday exercise is simply that - an exercise, a kick in the butt, a reminder that surely there is something for which to be thankful if I just take time to look for it.
I haven't figured out for sure which kind of Thursday today is. Maybe it is a hodgepodge of all of the above.
At any rate, it is Thursday and I pause to be thankful.
Sure enough, I can see several reasons I could list...
...
Ooh, ooh, and that redbud tree is even more glorious now than when I wrote about it last week. I'm thankful for that!
No comments:
Post a Comment