Sometimes I notice that I am disappointed with myself. This is one of those times - when I really wish that I had been able to keep up a better pace of blogging. But I just haven't been able to do all that I wanted to. I am pleased that I have kept a fairly consistent writing routine - even cranking out 60,000 words in November for the NaNoWriMo challenge!!! However not many of those words are ready to publish. I can and will choose to accept the reality and be patient with myself.
I am really good at making excuses and it is sometimes hard to know whether that's what I'm doing or if this really is an unusually busy time. Yep, it is. It's not simply that I feel busy nor that I use that feeling to excuse my neglect of important stuff. Nope, this time I am smack dab in the middle of an important life transition and am scrambling to keep up - so some things simply must take a back seat for another couple weeks.
So what in the world is so all-fired important? Only that we are wrapping up 40+ years of living here on this farm and stepping into a future of adventure and uncertainty. We are taking another huge step of downsizing and my focus must be on sorting and pitching and storing and packing. We had thought we had a month or two for this step, but things have fallen into place sooner than expected - so we suddenly have only a couple weeks to get everything done. Yikes.
Gotta' find a balance. On one hand, I simply must push myself to my limits in order to meet the deadlines in this race against time. On the other hand, I choose to carve out special moments to slow down and cherish the joy of this wonderful season.
...
When I can't make my fingers function in the near-zero temps of the storage sheds, I certainly wish I had done things differently - namely SOONER!!! But it is what it is. We will do what we have to do and what we can do. That's the big thing I'm learning: I can only do what I can do. Oh, so profound. Sometimes that means that I have to put a box BACK into storage that I had hoped to finish; that can make me feel defeated and discouraged. But I can only do what I can do.
So instead of beating myself up for not posting here more often, I can be okay with my choices and know that I am doing what I can do.
No comments:
Post a Comment