Saturday, March 15, 2014

On a mission

Over at Bob's travel page I wrote of our day at Old Mission Santa Barbara.
...

Much of the California coastline is dotted with charming old missions that stand as monuments to the religious and cultural history of this region when it was still part of Mexico. One of the more beautiful and more famous ones, Old Mission Santa Barbara, is wonderfully restored and maintained.

I was enamored by the uneven tile floor full of dips and smooth worn edges, but still shiny as can be. Meanwhile, Bob was fascinated with architectural details like the awesome arches, magnificent doors, quaint windows, and walls that were more than three feet thick –  photographic opportunities galore.

* Read entire article here...

* See lots more pictures at Where the Robert Meets the Road



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful place Kaye love the pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kath. Hey, did you notice that I finally got a "subscribe by email" button on here?

      Delete