Wednesday, April 23, 2014

One from the road

Overheard in library...

Someone coming in the door: Is it okay if I read in here?
Librarian: Sure
Visitor:  Can I like get a book and read?
Librarian: Sure

...

To be fair... I had heard myself saying something similar when I came in earlier.
I had stopped and picked up several books from the piles that they have for sale outside.  As I carried them in through the door, I paused at the desk to ask if I could take them to my table to look through them before deciding whether to buy any.
So the person I heard may have been thinking something like that.
Who knows?

...

AND...
It was fun to see so many kids come to the library after school. 
- Three teens sitting on a couch looking at their phones. 
- Oops; one fell asleep. 
- Four younger kids at the computers. 
- Two others visiting quietly...

Wait; how many reading books?
Hmmm...
Well, at least they're at the library...







No comments:

Post a Comment