Tuesday, June 17, 2014

We made it to Denali!


Oops; I haven't posted here yet - since we arrived at Denali. I guess I made good on my promise to take a few days off and not feel responsibility for anything. And they have been good days. We were able to park our rig right outside the back door of the Black Bear Coffee House where Wendi works. What fun to be able to pop over here and see her face anytime when she was on duty. I quickly got in the habit of bringing my computer over here for my early morning writing. Wendi supervises the morning shift so it has been great fun to watch her in her world. It was really special to be close enough that she could step over to our trailer for her lunch break.

Alas; that was only for the first few days and now we have had to move a few sites farther down the street - in order to get a long-term discount on the lot rent. It is not quite so handy nor as much fun but still pretty convenient and easy to get to the Black Bear.
Now that we are settled in for the next month we can figure out our schedule for our time here. Each new place invites a new normal.

2 comments:

  1. Kaye it must be nice to stop awhile in one place, enjoy the peace and the catch ups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, Kath, so nice to be able to slow down again. Makes me think of something I heard once about letting our souls catching up with our bodies?

      Delete