Think maybe I'll have me one of those "make me happy days." A day off. No to-do list. Just give myself permission to do what makes me happy.
Yah, yah, I know this can sound really selfish. But isn't that what days off are for?
And the funny thing is...
Lots of times when I decide to do the things that make me happy I end up picking off one of the jobs that has been hanging on my to-do list forever.
Why is that? Well, I guess because when I ask myself what would make me happy, I think that I sure would be happy to have that project done. So I do it. Maybe it's more fun when I do it "for me" than if I do it because I should.
Or maybe I'll just sit and do nothing...
Daydream
Meditate
Imagine
Wonder
Watch the clouds
Whatever
...
(Originally written February 2015)

No comments:
Post a Comment