Tuesday, March 31, 2015

40 days! Now 30 days?

About 40 days ago a friend passed along a challenge to get rid of 40 bags in 40 days. I decided to modify it for my own challenge - to 40 items. Pitch the items. Or clean out the drawer - or the inbox. Clean off the shelf. Finish the project. So yah, I decided I could count items, inboxes, or spaces like a drawer or shelf. I even counted old magazines that had piled up wanting for me to peruse them.

...
 
And so I did.

I dealt with 40 things.

I got rid of magazines.

I cleaned out inboxes.

I pitched things.

40 things.

40 days.

...

Some of them were small things. Small accomplishments. But they were things that needed to be done. That had piled up. That needed to be crossed off the list or banished from my space.

I feel good about myself.

...

It was a good exercise. I think I want to do it again, but I'm not sure how. Not sure about the specifics.

I am going to go one month at a time, but not sure about the details. It could be a crazy month for me. Transitional. Travel. Busy. I don't want to set myself up for failure. So...
 
 
One month. Thirty days.

I think maybe I'll start with 10 items - and then hopefully double it. Maybe even triple.

So I guess my goal will be to see how many things I can get rid of this month.

...

Want to join me?

What would you like to get rid of?

How much do you want to let go of during April?

No comments:

Post a Comment