...
Tomorrow we head north again - back to Michigan. Heading back home. Sort of. This time there is no home to go back to. We won't be moving back into our home because this IS our home now. The only home we have. And that's cool. But a bit strange.
It will definitely be different this time. For the first time in my sixty-five years, when I return home to Michigan, it will not be to Kingston.
- When I came home from college for weekends, I came home to Kingston.
- When I finished college and started teaching, I came home to Kingston.
- When we started our lives together, we made our home in Kingston.
- When we came home from living in the Dominican Republic, we came home to Kingston.
- When our kids came home from their world travels, they came home to Kingston.
- When we came home from our epic journey of seven months on the road last year, we came home to Kingston.
Kingston, Michigan has always been my home address.
But no longer.
The end of an era.
A new beginning...

Kaye home is where the heart is, I often go back to the town and house I grew up in, I look at the house and yes good memories, then I go see my mum she moved to the coast with my dad some years back. Where she is that feels like home to me.
ReplyDeleteThat makes sense. My mom sold her farm a year ago, too. In my case it seems like where my kids are is what feels like home.
Delete