A significant date it is.
I’ve always been a sucker for significant dates.
I like to notice and I like to remember.
One year ago today we sold the farm. One year ago. After several years of downsizing and a couple years of having the place up for sale, this was our closing date. We closed the deal and we closed this amazing chapter of our lives. Significant indeed.
Two years ago today (2013) I wrote a guest post on Bob’s blog. This one shows a different kind of closure after finding ourselves outside the world where we had lived and worked for our entire lives. HUGE changes have transpired as a result of that shift. Significant changes were noticed.
Three years ago (2012) I was feeling thankful to have indoor plumbing including washer and dryer after a few months of hauling clothes to the laundromat. Significant adjustments had begun.
Four years ago (2011) I listed a few of the things I was feeling thankful for:
That I am excited about the future with all of its question marks
That I get to travel this road with the most amazing man as my partner
That I am feeling freer these days
That I am getting healthier by the year
That guilt is gradually giving way to grace as my default setting
That I/we have had the luxury of time for the recovery process
That I now celebrate diversity instead of fearing it
That I get to travel this road with the most amazing man as my partner
That I am feeling freer these days
That I am getting healthier by the year
That guilt is gradually giving way to grace as my default setting
That I/we have had the luxury of time for the recovery process
That I now celebrate diversity instead of fearing it
Significant growth. Significant gratitude.
Yes, this date has been significant in my recent journey.
Yes, I am feeling thankful!

No comments:
Post a Comment