Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Daily Tidbits: Week Two

Saturday, 1-16-16
  • Walked along the beach at sunrise - all the way out to the point beyond the resort
  • A guy on a horse, several motorcycles, a couple joggers and a few people walking
  • Left at 8:04 a.m.; too hot by the time I got back. Must leave earlier.
  • I mistakenly swallowed a gulp of water when brushing my teeth. Oops!
  • Laundry - washed towels and a few clothes

Sunday, 1-17-16
  • Walked 2.34 miles - along the beach and on around the point toward the little beach in the cove as far as I could go without trespassing on resort property.
  • Fried potatoes and onions and eggs for breakfast. We need more food staples on hand. Don’t have many options. When we have to carry everything back home on foot, we don’t stock up on things - and we can't find things we wish for.
  • We walked into town late in the afternoon for dinner. Checked out the menu at Bungalows on the corner where Le Taino used to be. Ended up going to C’ L Aventura and got a pizza. Not bad. Wanted to walk out to the beach for sunset, but we were too tired.

Monday, 1-18-16
  • Walked 2.6 miles early in the morning - along the beach and into town
  • Went to a couple stores in search of the “baby wipes” that I’m sure I saw a few days ago. Can’t find them anywhere. Where, oh where, was it that I saw them? Or am I going crazy?
  • I did find bananas today - very, very green ones. Oops; maybe they are platanos
  • And I did buy one box of that "New York" mac and cheese at “Numero Uno.”
  • Stopped at the French bakery for pastries. They had several of the “cream” ones with the yummy yellow pudding-like dollops. But went for the “natural” ones this time thinking they would be much better to transport in my knap-sack. These are the ones sprinkled with the giant coarse sugar crystals. Tasty indeed.

Tuesday, 1-19-16
  • Took the quad to Playa Rincon
  • Still gorgeous out there. Still undeveloped
  • Made several connections to give away all of Bob’s photos! How cool!!!
  • Sunburn

Wednesday, 1-20-16
  • We went into town to pay my debt at the bakery and to buy supplies
  • Recovery day - lower back pain and stiffness as well as sunburn

Thursday, 1-21-16
  • Rained hard during the night
  • I walked to the beach and back fairly early
  • Went down to the ranchito to read for awhile

Friday, 1-22-16
  • It’s raining again. Downpour. Might postpone our walk into town.
  • Eventually we went into town.
  • To the bank. Our cards worked in the automatico this time!!! (The ATM)
  • Discovered mantequilla en barras (butter in sticks) at Numero Uno. Yay!
  • Found fresh ham
  • Productive trip
...

An uneventful week it was, but there it is: Week Two.


No comments:

Post a Comment