Malala has been an inspiration to me and I've been wanting to watch this movie for some time. I got the perfect opportunity while on our recent flight. Before long I was digging into my carry-on bag for a pen and paper so I could take some notes.
Here are a few lines:
...
Here are a few lines:
...
What should I do?
How can I help?
It is so hard to get things done in this world. We try and often it doesn’t work, but you have to continue and you never give up.
...
Who was the person who shot Malala?
It was not a person. It was an ideology.
Malala is just a name of a character.
She could be anyone.
“She is just a girl; she don’t know anything.”
...
Sometimes I am embarrassed at how little I did in the face of religious discrimination. Rather than speak up, I submitted to the oppression.
There’s a moment
when you have to choose
whether to be silent or to stand up.
Speak, Malala; speak from your heart.
Speak what is in your soul.
We realize the importance of light when we see darkness.
We realize the importance of our voice when we are silenced.
We believe in the power of our words.
Let us pack up our books and our pens. They are our most powerful weapons.
One child
One teacher
One book and one pen can change the world.
…
I have been given a new life.
This life is a sacred life.
…
I tell my story not because it is unique but because it is not.
It is the story of many girls.
I am Malala, but I’m also Shazia.
I’m Kynot.
I am those 60 million girls who are deprived an education.
I
No comments:
Post a Comment