Friday, February 26, 2016

Morning

Morning

I like morning.
I love morning.

I feel fresh in the morning.
I feel energized in the morning.
Optimistic.
Confident.

Morning is a gift.

Morning is the gift of a fresh start.
A do-over.
A chance for redemption.
Early morning is quiet and serene.*

Mornings are precious.
I love morning so much. 
I want to take advantage of every minute.
I might try to fit too much into my morning.

I want to go for my walk in the morning before it gets too hot.
I need to walk early in the day while I have the most energy.
I try to get maintenance stuff done in the morning so I can enjoy having my life in order for the rest of the day.

But…

I ALSO want to write in the morning while my mind is fresh and creative. In fact, I really like to write first thing in the morning before anything has a chance to distract me.

There are SO many things I want to do in the morning. 
Consequently I often try to do too much with my morning.
I expect too much from my morning.

Yikes!
I don’t want to spoil my morning by packing it too full.
Instead I want to find ways to cherish the morning. 
To respect it. 
To enjoy it.
To value it.

To celebrate morning. 
I choose to celebrate this morning.
I will celebrate tomorrow morning and every morning that I am given.

I appreciate morning as the fleeting moment that it is.
I savor morning as a fine thing of beauty and choose to handle it lovingly.



This is a Five-Minute Friday post.

...

* Thank you, Busy B., for the reminder.

7 comments:

  1. I am a lover of mornings. I get the temptation to overbook the morning. Good thoughts about respecting and enjoying the precious time. I am so glad I visited you this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too - on all points. Being a lover of mornings, tending to overbook, and being glad that you visited this morning. Thanks for taking time to leave a comment. Much appreciated.

      Delete
  2. Oh and with a busy house, with littles all over the place, my mornings tend to get away from me sometimes. This is a good reminder to stop and be still in the morning, before the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With littles around, finding a chance to stop and be still gets tricky, doesn't it? But so important.

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kaye Im a morning person and do try to squeeze too much into my mornings and so sometimes I just go for a walk and listen to nature. Its the best part of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan. You're right about it being the best part of the day.

      Delete