Today is no exception. In fact, I guess today is a special Facebook day for me - because it was 11 years ago today that I joined Facebook. They even produced a cute little video just for me. Makes me feel so important and valued. Hee-hee!
So maybe it’s a good time to enjoy the memories I’ve posted on this day during those 11 years.
...
2011
Setting: My baby girl was in Cairo - living just 6 blocks from Tahrir Square which was kinda’ the epicenter where the Arab Spring began - that very week. Yikes!
Some of my posts that day remind me of the tension we were all feeling about what was happening there - especially since the usual communication routes were totally unpredictable.
…
Sometimes you just have to trust and choose not to worry.
...even when one of your kids
is in the middle of one of the world's hot spots...
It's very weird to sit in my living room
watching world news footage from Cairo
and know that my daughter is sitting in her living room
so close to the action that she can hear the chaos
and smell the tear gas from her window.
and smell the tear gas from her window.
And not be able to contact her because the internet
has been shut down in the entire country.
...
2014
"A little kingdom I possess,
where thoughts and feelings dwell;
And very hard the task I find of governing it well."
– Louisa May Alcott
…
2015 - living on Dauphin Island, Alabama
Sting rays,
bonnet-head shark,
baby alligators,
bonnet-head shark,
baby alligators,
soft-shelled turtles,
horseshoe crabs...
horseshoe crabs...
We got to see them all - and touch some of them!
What a great little aquarium at Sea Lab
right here across the street.
Wonderful exhibits.
Friendly docents.
Very, very educational.
...
2016 - living in the Dominican Republic
Missing the grandkids today... *sniff*
...
Bob posted on my wall:
Here's to intestinal fortitude.
We are eating street food regularly.
It's a lot cheaper than restaurant food.
(30 pesos for an empanada - which is 65 cents)
Remember how we would buy like four at a time and then have them for the next day or two?
What was the combo one that we liked for breakfast?
Was it chicken and cheese?
2017
“Writing in a diary is a really strange experience
for someone like me.
Not only because I’ve never written anything before,
but also because it seems to me that later on
neither I nor anyone else will be interested
in the musings of a thirteen-year old school girl.
Oh well, it doesn’t matter. I feel like writing.”
—Anne Frank, June 20, 1942
...
...
2018
"Sometimes I cry on the way to the set... Still.
There is something that happens when you are grateful:
You continue to keep receiving blessings.
So I will always be grateful."
- Chrissy Metz, a.k.a. Kate on This Is Us
...
So there they are, the memories and photos from this date along with some note-worthy quotes from wise people.
I am inspired to:
- Be grateful
- Keep writing
- Govern myself well
I am inspired to:
- Be grateful
- Keep writing
- Govern myself well

No comments:
Post a Comment